In this post, I’ll explain to you what plugins means and step by step instructions on how to install a WordPress plugin.
Plugins allow users to add more features to their websites without complicated coding. Think of it like adding a new app to your Smartphone. You download it, install it, and it adds new valuable features to your phone.
Tons of free and premium ones are available out there.
Click Here to Read >>> Must have WordPress plugins for your blog.
Start with this step-by-step guide to create your blog in WordPress >>> Yes, start a blog now.
Now that you have a better understanding of what plugin is, let’s go in to the steps you need to take to install one.
In this tutorial, I’m going to show you 2 methods of installing WordPress plugins.
How to Install WordPress Plugins from the Official Plugins Directory
The easiest way to install WordPress plugins is by going to the official plugins directory.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard. Scroll down to the Plugins section on the left-hand menu and select Add New.
- Enter the name of the plugin you’re looking for into the search bar on the top right of the screen.
- Find the plugin you’re looking for. Click on the “Install Now” button.
- After you install the plugin, the button will then say “Activate”. Click on the Activate button.
- That’s it! You’re done. After activating you’ll be taken to your page of various installed plugins and your newly installed plugin will now be part of that list. It will look like this
NOTE: After installing a new plugin, check to see if there is a “settings” option under the title. If so, simply click through to customize things for your particular site.
How to Install WordPress Plugins Manually.
The official wordpress directory is not the only place to find plugins. You can download the plugin file using your browser and then upload it to your WordPress site.
- Download the zip file of the plugin
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to plugins >> Add New.
- Press the upload plugin button at the top of the page.
- Click choose file and select the plugin file from your computer.
- Press Install Now
- Once the installation is done, press the Activate the plugin.
There you have it!!! Simple methods to install a WordPress Plugin.
It should be noted that just because you know how to install a plugin doesn’t mean you should go adding every plugin you hear about. Too many plugins can actually do more harm than good.
Thanks for Reading.
Was it helpful? Let me know in the comment section.
Please don’t forget to share this post.
Yeah…..till next time.