Are you a beginner and looking to start a blog or make a wonderful website without coding?. You can simply do this by using WordPress.
Start with this step-by-step guide to create your blog in WordPress >>> Yes, start a blog now.
Also view this post on How to install a plugin here.
After successfully setting up your WordPress site, you might be looking for a way to change its look and feel.
Themes are the answer, be it free, premium or custom made.
Points to Keep in Mind Before Installing a Theme.
- You can buy a theme for your blog if you wish to have more dynamic and eye-catching templates for your audiences. Can get it from Themeforest.
- You should install the latest version of WordPress since after each update, WordPress adds some new themes or update the available themes.
- Keep in mind that once you install a theme for your blog or website. It can be customized as you wish but if you switch to a new theme, you need to know all the functionalities you have customized in the current theme.
In this post, lets us see step-by-step instructions on how to install a WordPress theme.
Basically, there are two ways/approaches for adding a theme:
- Finding and installing a theme through the WordPress Dashboard.
- Uploading and installing a theme from a zip file.
Finding and installing a theme through the WordPress dashboard:
WordPress provides a number of good quality yet free themes that you can use for your websites or blog. You can find these free themes via the WordPress.org theme directory or by clicking on the Appearance tab in the left panel of the dashboard.
On clicking Appearance, you will see a submenu >>>click on themes.
When you click on themes, you will see some pre-installed themes, you may activate the pre-installed theme or you may search for other templates of your choice. To add a new theme, click on Add New button.
Clicked there?? You will find thousands of themes that are categorized into multiple categories such as latest themes etc.
After selecting a theme of your choice, click install as highlighted in the image below.
When you’re done installing the theme, it’s time to activate the theme.
Uploading and Installing a Theme from a Zip File.
Now let’s see how to install a theme from a zip file.
This is the preferred method whenever you want to install any premium theme you buy from different theme market places.
Firstly, ensure that you have the zip file downloaded on your computer.
Click on the Add New button, to add a new theme as mentioned in the image below
Click on the upload button and choose the theme zip file.
After choosing the zipped file, click on install and when installation gets finished, click on Activate button.
Hope this has helped you.
Ask in the comments if you have any questions.
Thanks for Reading
Please don’t forget to share this post
Yeah…till next time