Namecheap Review. The pros, the cons and my personal experience with this web host, and everything else you need to know is all going to be in this blog post.
Am guessing if you’re reading this post, you’re trying to start your first website or maybe you’re just looking for an alternative web host because you’re not happy with your current one.
Pin for Later
So, in this Namecheap review I will walk you through the pros, the cons, their pricing plans, uptime, customer service, and everything you would need to know so that you can make an informed decision on whether you should or should not use Namecheap as your preferred web hosting platform.
So let’s get started with Namecheap Review.
- PRICING: I will be comparing the shared hosting plan in this review. Although Namecheap does offer other types of hosting like VPS Hosting, Dedicated server hosting, and Cloud hosting (so they can support you when your business grows and ready for an upgrade.
They are 2 basic shared hosting plans and a cloud shared hosting plan. In this review, I will concentrate on these two basic plans as these are the two options people love to know about.
With the Stellar you’re limited with 3 websites, 20 GB SSD Storage and a Domain name.
However, on the stellar plus plan you have unlimited websites, unmetered SSD storage, Auto backup and a Domain name.
The difference between the two plans is that they provide Auto back on the stellar plus plan but can’t get it on the stellar plan.
Many companies don’t provide this Auto backup feature at all.
Namecheap also has 2 data center locations around the world. There is one in the US and one in the UK. If you select the UK you have to pay an extra $1/month but that of the US is free.
PAYMENT PLANS: Namecheap offers monthly, yearly and 2 yearly.
Basic Stellar Plan
2 years: $1.44/month
Stellar Plus Plan
2 years: $2.44/month
So I recommend you go for the 2 year plan because is the cheapest.
Overall pricing score, will rate them 9/10 WHY??
- Auto backup feature for free on stellar plus plan
- Cheap at $1.44/month.
- Provides you with all features you need to get started.
But the CON attached to this, is that they don’t offer custom caching plugin which other web host does offer.
Click on this link here, it will take you to a discount page where you will get the best discount Namecheap is currently offering.
In the name of full transparency, this is an affiliate link. I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Why you get a special discount. So it is a win-win for both of us.
- Namecheap offers 30 days money-back guarantee: The fact that they do this gives you time to try out Namecheap services. This way you can actually gauge their performance by yourself and then still ask for a refund if you aren’t satisfied.
- SET UP AND EASY TO USE: Right away from the dashboard, you can see it looks very easy and clean to navigate. Namecheap uses cPanel so WordPress users will love it.
The layout of Namecheap (cPanel) makes everything very easy. Beginners can easily install and start-up a site with WordPress. It also automatically install the SSL certificate for you without you doing anything.
Overall setup score will rate them 8/10 WHY??
- I really like the extra cPanel shortcuts they added to the dashboard.
- Everything is very easy to setup.
But the CON attached to this, is that they don’t have a full custom dashboard like lot of hosting provider have.
- SPEED AND UPTIME PERFORMANCE: Namecheap has a load speed of 3.4s which is a little slow, to be honest. Google recommends site loading <2-3 secs.
Namecheap miss that, although not by much.
UPTIME: Now the stability performance report of the uptime in the last 30days is 99.910% this is below my 99.95% uptime standard but it is still above their own uptime guarantee of 99.9%. I was disappointed with this result.
Overall Namecheap speed and uptime performance will rate them 5/10 WHY??
CONS: They failed the speed test.
Failed my 99.9% uptime requirement. Even though they did fail on both these 2 performances, they didn’t fail by much and not far from a pass.
- SUPPORT: Namecheap provide 24/7 customer support through email and live chat. These are exactly what you want from a web host customer support platform.
- The biggest issue I have with Namecheap is website speed. It is fairly slow compared to other hosting providers in the same budget category. 3.4s Load time is too slow.
- Poor Uptime: I always expect a hosting provider to have a minimum of 99.95% uptime to be worth considering. Though they do beat their uptime guarantee of 99.9%.
So it is not that massive of a fail.
- They are one of the best when it comes to customer support.
- Their pricing and transparency are top-notch. They don’t try to upsell you anywhere.
- They are also one of the cheapest hosting providers.
Also don’t forget to use this discounted link here to get the best discount Namecheap is currently offering.
Thanks for Reading.
Please don’t forget to share this post if you find it helpful.
Yeah….. till next time