Bluehost Review. The pros, the cons and my personal experience with this web host, and everything else you need to know is all going to be in this blog post.
Am guessing if you’re reading this post, you’re trying to start your first website or maybe you’re just looking for an alternative web host because you’re not happy with your current one.
So, in this Bluehost review I will walk you through the pros, the cons, their pricing plans, uptime, customer service, and everything you would need to know so that you can make an informed decision on whether you should or should not use Bluehost as your preferred web hosting platform.
In the name of full transparency, please be aware that this blog post contains affiliate links, and any purchases made through such links will result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost for you.)
So let’s get started with Bluehost Review.
- Uptime: They have the best uptime. With a track record of 99.9% in a period of one year. Now uptime is one of the most important aspects when choosing a WebHost. This is because if you choose a web hosting company with a bad uptime, your website will at some point go down. And if your website is down your users can’t access your website. So consistently good uptime should be one of the top priorities.
Benchmark for good uptime is 99.94%. That might seem high, but it is slightly below average. The good news here is that Bluehost surpasses this benchmark comfortably keeping your site live.
- Bluehost has a good load speed of 406ms. And this very important for your website.
Studies had shown that slow websites almost translate to lower sales. So after uptime, your host page loading time is the second most important thing that can actually make or break your website success.
- Bluehost has very good security options. Even though Bluehost is one of the cheaper options in the market. I am pleased to say that they don’t skip critical features like security. We all know how important security is for a website.
Bluehost provides a lot of security options by default including a free SSL certificate for each pricing plan. Their entire plans also include a domain privacy feature that will keep the personal information you used to sign up for a domain private.
This is important because it prevents hackers from finding and using someone’s details for tricking people into handing over sensitive information.
Bluehost has a site lock and it helps to prevent, malware attacks which is fairly common on WordPress.
- Bluehost has a very low introductory price. However if you were to go check out the starting prices right now on Bluehost, you’ll notice the lowest price is $7.99/month. For that price, you are getting everything you need for a simple website. That includes 50GB storage, unmetered bandwidth, free SSL certificate, and much more. Plus their consistency uptime and of course page loading speed.
The good news here is that if you decide to buy Bluehost and click-through with this link here. You will get a 60% discount which takes the starting price down to $3.75/month. So if you’re learning all the pros and cons and you still decide to use Bluehost just click on this link here to get a 60% discount.
Bluehost consist of the: Basic plan, Plus plan, Choice plan and the Pro plan.
The basic plan will cost you $7.99/month or $3.95/month with this discounted link here.
The plus plan start at $10.99/month and
The Choice plan starts $10.99/month.
The plus plan and choice plan gives you access to unlimited websites, SSD storage, bandwidth, it also allows you to manage unlimited domains, parked domains, and sub-domains on this plan.
The Pro plan starts at $23.9/month with all these features and high performance from their servers.
And of course with the discounted link here you will still get 60% off the plus plan, choice plan and also the pro plan.
- Bluehost is the hosting platform recommended by WordPress. They are one out of three official recommended hosting platforms to use with a WordPress website. Of course, you can use any web hosting provider to host your WordPress website but the fact that Bluehost is one of the few officials recognized partners is encouraging.
- Customer Service: Bluehost offers everything from a knowledge-based live chat, email ticket support, and phone support. These exactly want you want from a host customer support platform.
It is also important to know that Bluehost gives you a FREE domain for 1 year.
- Bluehost has so many integration apps, e-commerce features. It also provides access to a huge number of different apps and integrations so you can use the most popular services on the web. E.g. They have a domain manager if you just purchased and manage multiple domains.
You can set daily, weekly, monthly backups just in case.
You can also install WordPress with just a single click. You can also install other popular content management systems or run an e-commerce store etc.
Bluehost will include access to the content delivery network (known as CDN) this will host your images and large files taking that work off your server to deliver them faster to users around the world and keep your site quick at the same time.
- Bluehost offers30days a money-back guarantee. The fact that they do this gives you time to try out Bluehost services. This way you can actually gauge their performance by yourself and then still ask for a refund if you aren’t satisfied.
- Bluehost is very easy to use for beginners. Some of the web hosting platforms that I have seen are best only for advanced users. The layout of Bluehost (Cpanel) makes everything very easy. Bluehost also has advanced features but beginners too can easily install and start-up the site with WordPress.
Everything that has a good side must definitely have a bad side. Let’s dive into the Cons of Bluehost.
- Bluehost has a higher renewal rate. It is actually common in the web hosting industry. The best way to get the lowest price for hosting is to use this link here. You could pay for one, two, or even 3 years upfront. Another thing to consider is the higher renewal rate after your introductory period has expired. In this case, paying for a full three years at $3.95/month which is what you get from this discounted link here is a very great deal. Because you’re locked in, at that low rate as long as possible.
However at the end of term, the rate will jump up to their normal rate which is $7.99/month on a basic plan.
- Bluehost site migrations are not free. They have a one-time fee of $149.99 that includes the migration of up to 5 websites, 20 email accounts, and any other data-based file for the site.
When Bluehost migrate your site for you, it will be seamless and quick. So you won’t experience any downside or delays.
In addition, Bluehost has all the major web hosting types including: VPS, Cloud, Dedicated data centers.
Also to wrap this review, DO I RECOMMEND BLUEHOST??
YES, I perfectly, absolutely and fully recommend Bluehost because it has ranked at the top.
These reasons include:
It’s very easy to use
Free SSL certificate
You’ll get a free domain name
30days money back guarantee
Free technical support
Officially recommended by WordPress.org
All for one of the lowest rate in the industry which is $3.95/month using this discounted link here.
If you find my Bluehost review helpful and informative…..Let me know in the comment.
Please don’t forget to share this post
Also don’t forget to use this discounted link here to get 60% off the normal Bluehost pricing.
Thanks for Reading
Yeah….till next time